SiTime’s Programmable MEMS Oscillators Provide Reference Timing for Xilinx’s 7 Series Evaluation Kits
Download:한국어 汉语 漢語 日本語
Programmable, Rich Feature Set Offers High Performance and Flexibility
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – May 22, 2012 – SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company that is revolutionizing the $6 billion timing market with Silicon MEMS solutions, today announced that the Xilinx Virtex®-7 FPGA, Kintex-7 FPGA and Zynq-7000 EPP evaluation kits are using SiTime’s programmable high-performance MEMS oscillators.
Xilinx uses SiTime’s SiT9102 differential oscillator as the system clock and the SiT8102 oscillator as the HDMI reference clock on the Virtex-7 FPGA VC707 Evaluation Kit and the Kintex-7 FPGA KC705 Evaluation Kit. In addition, the Zynq-7000 dual ARM processor evaluation kit uses the same two oscillators plus an additional SiT8103 single-ended oscillator.
“Xilinx is committed to providing our customers with very high performance solutions that are flexible, configurable and accelerate design cycles,” said Steve Logan, analog marketing manager at Xilinx. “SiTime’s programmable MEMS oscillators offer unmatched flexibility and configurability, which complements our FPGAs. We had great success in using SiTime’s MEMS oscillators on our previous generation kits and are expanding their usage on all our 28nm 7 series development platforms.”
“Xilinx and SiTime are market leaders in their respective fields and we share a common goal – to provide best-in-class programmable solutions that accelerate customers’ design cycles and improve their system reliability,” said Piyush Sevalia, VP of marketing at SiTime. “Our flexible timing solutions deliver unique features and reliability that is ten times better than legacy quartz timing products. This is one more example of how SiTime’s revolutionary MEMS technology and advanced analog design is displacing quartz and driving the electronics industry’s move to MEMS-based timing.”
About the SiT910x and SiT810x oscillators
SiTime oscillators are designed with a programmable architecture that offers a wide range of features with fast configurability and ultra short lead-time. The SiT9102 has a differential output with programmable LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL and CML signaling levels. The SiT8102 and SiT8103 high performance oscillators have LVCMOS and LVTTL outputs. All devices offer the following features and benefits.
- Very high-frequency stability, 25 PPM over the industrial temperature range
- Wide operating frequency range (SiT9102 – 1 to 220 MHz; SiT8102 – 1 to 200MHz and SiT8103 – 1 to 110MHz) with 5 decimal places of accuracy to easily program custom frequencies
- 1.8V, 2.5V or 3.3V operation to support a range of FPGAs/processors and eliminate level translation components
- Industry standard footprints in 5032 and 7050 packages; plus 2520 and 3225 packages for the SiT8102 and SiT8103
- Outstanding silicon reliability of 500 million hours MTBF (10 times better than quartz)
- 50,000 g shock and 70 g vibration resistance (10 times better than quartz)
- All devices are in production and are available with fast lead-time of 3 to 5 weeks
SiTime Partnumbers used on the Xilinx Platforms
About Xilinx evaluation boards with SiTime oscillators
Xilinx development kits provide out-of-the-box design solutions that significantly cut development time and enhance productivity for system designs that demand high-performance and serial connectivity.
- The Virtex-7 FPGA VC707 evaluation board (EVB) targets10G-400G line cards, OTN, and terabit switch fabric applications and uses SiTime’s 200 MHz SiT9102 for a system clock and 12 MHz SiT8102 for HDMI.
- The Kintex-7 FPGA KC705 EVB targets BTS, high-end 3D TVs, medical and IP gateways and uses SiTime’s 200 MHz SiT9102 for a system clock and 12 MHz SiT8102 for HDMI.
- The Zynq-7000 with a dual ARM® processor, targets automotive, broadcast, and industrial applications and uses SiTime’s 200 MHz SiT9102 for a system clock, 33.33 or 66 MHz SiT8103 and 12 MHz SiT8102 for HDMI.
SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. With 80% market share and over 100 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the $6 Billion timing market’s transition to 100% silicon-based timing.
SiTime’s configurable solutions enable customers to differentiate their products with higher performance, reduced size and better reliability. The rich feature set and flexibility of our solutions allows customers to consolidate their supply-chain, reducing cost of ownership and time to market. By using standard semiconductor processes and high volume plastic packaging, SiTime offers the best availability and shortest lead times in the industry.
Top-tier manufacturers are experiencing these benefits and recognize SiTime as The Smart Timing Choice™.