Last updated: December 6, 2019
The term “Personal Information” means any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier, or one or more factors specific to you.
SiTime Corporation is the controller and is responsible for the Personal Information processed in connection with the use of the Site.
Please read this Policy carefully. By using or accessing the Site, or by providing Personal Information to us on or through the Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree, your choice is not to use the Site.
How to Contact Us
5451 Patrick Henry Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you provide it to us voluntarily, through automated data collection technologies like cookies, or by receiving it from other sources. The following sections list the type of information we may collect under each mechanism.
Information that you provide us voluntarily.
You may provide us Personal Information voluntarily when you:
- Contact us. This occurs, for instance, when you correspond with us by phone, email, or otherwise; when you contact us through the Site, (e.g., by using the Site email request function); or when you provide us with feedback or report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, email address, phone number, physical address, or other Personal Information you provide to us in your communications with us.
- Register for a SiTime account. When you register for an account on the Site, we collect Personal Information, such as a unique email address and password, your name, and other contact information. You may also provide us with additional information when you post comments to our blogs or use other community features of the Site (“Public Areas”).
- Request or opt in to receive materials. Some portions of the Site allow you to voluntarily provide us with Personal Information when you request samples through our request form or when you “opt in” to receive newsletters, product information, data sheets, and collateral marketing material (collectively, “Materials”).
- Order products. When you order products or request quotations from SiTime through forms on the Site, we collect Personal Information that you provide, such as name, email, shipping and billing addresses, and phone number, as well as information about the product type, quantity, and frequency of product purchase.
Information we collect automatically.
We may automatically collect the following information when you access the Site:
- Device information, including the type of device you are using; the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; browser type and version; browser plug-in types and versions; operating system and platform; language preferences; and/or time zone setting.
- Site usage information, including pages you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs); methods used to browse away from the page; and/or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Location information, including physical addresses and other location data.
See our Cookie Notice for more information about the automatic data collection technologies we use and the choices you have for opting out.
Like most websites, SiTime uses “cookies” or other automated data collection technologies to automatically collect information about how Site visitors access, navigate, and use the Site. SiTime uses this information to better understand the use of the Site and to improve your customer experience and the usability of and content on the Site. For more information about our practices in this area, please see our Cookie Notice.
How We Use Your Information
We may process Personal Information for the purposes set out in this Policy only where we have a valid legal ground for doing so under applicable data protection law. The legal ground will depend on the purpose for which we process your Personal Information.
We will process your Personal Information for the following purposes as is necessary for the performance of our obligations under our customer terms, or to answer questions or take steps at your request prior to entering those terms:
- To fulfill your requests for Materials or samples;
- To respond to your inquiries or other communications; and
- To carry out our obligations arising from your account with us, or any other contract entered into between you and us, and to otherwise provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes as is necessary for certain legitimate interests, or where you have given your consent to such processing to the extent required by applicable law (such consent can be withdrawn at any time):
- To provide you with information about other events, products, or services we offer that might be of interest to you, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about events, products, or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent;
- To notify you about changes to your account, the Site, or our services;
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- As required by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or to protect the users of the Site, the Site, or the general public; and
- To otherwise fulfill the purposes for which you have provided your Personal Information or for any other reason with your express consent.
We may also combine information we receive from third parties with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and any combined Personal Information for the purposes set out above, depending on the types of information we receive.
We may also share with our Processors (as defined under the GDPR) and advertisers, business partners, and other third parties anonymous data in aggregated form about Site visitors. For example, we might share that the Site users are “x” percent PC users and “y” percent Macintosh users. We have the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and in any manner. “Anonymous Information” means information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Information does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. Anonymous Information includes non-personally identifiable data we create from Personal Information by excluding information that makes such data personally identifiable.
If you are based in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and we collect your Personal Information on our own behalf, we will only process your Personal Information, including sharing it with third parties, for a purpose described above if: (i) you have provided your consent, which can be withdrawn at any time; (ii) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party; (iii) we are required by law; (iv) it is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or (iv) the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information that is not your Personal Information without restriction, including aggregate information about visitors to the Site and information that does not identify any individual.
We may share your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Policy:
- With our affiliates;
- With our service providers who assist us with the Site or otherwise perform support services for us;
- With our distributors, sales representatives, dealers, value added resellers, and other third-parties in SiTime’s distribution channels for their purposes of marketing and supporting our products;
- To another business entity in the event of a merger, restructuring, acquisition, any other sale or transfer of our assets or liabilities, or any change in ownership control;
- To anyone with your consent; and
- If we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary, to: (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of us or our users; (3) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety; or (4) investigate any violation or potential violation of the law, this Policy, or any other agreement between you and SiTime.
We display your username and email address (collectively, your “Public Profile”) when you post comments to our blogs or use other community features on Public Areas of the Site. Your Public Profile is available on the Site to other visitors. If you post content to or use Public Areas or send emails or other messages to other users of the Site, you should be aware that any Personal Information you provide in that regard can be read, collected, or used by other users of the Site and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in the Public Areas or send to other users.
SiTime is headquartered in the United States. The information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site is collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or to another country in which we have facilities or our affiliates operate or in which we engage service providers or other third parties.
We will not transfer Personal Information relating to individuals within the EEA, to third parties located outside of the EEA without ensuring adequate protection under European law. Where a third party is located in a country not recognized by the EU Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection, we will take appropriate steps, such as implementing standard contractual clauses recognized by the EU Commission, to safeguard your Personal Information.
By allowing us to collect personal information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your personal information.
Your Information Choices
If you receive Materials or other communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us using the information in the How to Contact Us section above.
Please see our Cookie Notice for information about cookie opt-outs.
Do Not Track disclosure
The Site does not respond to “do not track” signals at this time. For a description of “Do Not Track” information for browsers and mobile devices, and information about opt out programs that third party advertising companies participate in, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Your California privacy rights
For California residents only. Under California’s “Shine the Light Act,” California residents are permitted to opt-out of the disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their marketing use. Please contact us using the information in the How to Contact Us section above to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information. You can also exercise your right by contacting us using the How to Contact Us section above.
Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to any Personal Information we hold about you as well as related information, including the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Information has been shared;
- Obtain without undue delay the correction of any inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you;
- Request Personal Information held about you to be deleted, provided the Personal Information is not required by SiTime for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of a legal claim;
- Prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and
- Request transfer of Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
In addition, where you believe that SiTime has not complied with its obligations under this Policy or European law, you have the right to make a complaint to an EU Data Protection Authority, such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the How to Contact Us section above.
We will store your Personal Information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Information is processed. We may retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Information quickly upon request.
Data storage and security
We store all your Personal Information on our secure servers. We have commercially reasonable security measures in place to help protect against loss, misuse, and alteration of your Personal Information in our possession. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of information transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. SiTime will contractually require each Processor or other third-party with whom it shares Personal Information to use reasonable measures to protect that Personal Information. However, we cannot monitor these Processors and other third parties to ensure that they comply.
Links to third party websites
We may create links to third party websites, including in the form of widgets (e.g., social share buttons) that enable users to easily share information on another platform, such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on the Site where these widgets are placed.
We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third party websites, including the websites of our affiliates. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy practices.
Privacy of children
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact the SiTime Data Privacy Officer using the contact information above.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. Should we make a material change to our information collection and processing practices, we will let you know by updating this Policy and revising the “Last Updated” date. Such changes will be applied only to information collected on a going forward basis. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any changes to this Policy indicates your acceptance of the new terms.