SiTime’s Elite Platform MEMS Super-TCXOs Named Product of the Year by Electronic Products Magazine
Revolutionary MEMS Timing Devices Recognized for Improving Telecom and Networking Equipment
SANTA CLARA, Calif. – January 9, 2017 – SiTime Corporation, the leader in MEMS-based timing solutions and a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 6875), today announced the Elite Platform Super-TCXOs have been named the Product of the Year by Electronic Products. The editors of Electronic Products, a leading trade publication for electronic design engineers, evaluated thousands of products launched in 2016. The winning products were selected on the basis of innovative design, significant advancement in technology or application and substantial achievement in performance.
The Elite Platform™ Super-TCXOs are engineered to solve deep-rooted timing problems in telecom and networking equipment where they can enable the highest performance, best reliability and the highest quality of service, even in the presence of environmental stressors. SiTime’s Elite timing solutions deliver 30 times better dynamic performance, 10 times better dynamic stability, and 20 times better vibration resistance (g sensitivity).
“Network densification is adding much-needed data capacity to carrier infrastructure. Densification requires timing references with higher dynamic performance that will enable equipment to operate in the presence of high temperature, thermal shock, vibration and unpredictable airflow,” said
This is the second consecutive year in which a SiTime product has been named a Product of the Year by Electronic Products. This award is the fourth honor for SiTime’s Elite Platform products in the past two months – additional accolades include:
- EDN magazine’s Hot 100 Products of 2016
- Microwave & RF magazine’s the Year’s Top New Products in 2016
- Elektronik Product of the Year finalist (voting closes January 27, 2017)
About the Elite Platform Super-TCXOs
Based on an innovative Dual-MEMS™ architecture with TurboCompensation™, these products combine three key elements: a TempFlat MEMS™ resonator, a MEMS temperature sensor, and a highly integrated mixed-signal IC. Elite Super-TCXOs support any frequency between 1 to 220 MHz and offer the following unique features to deliver exceptional dynamic performance in the presence of common environmental hazards such as air flow, temperature perturbation, vibration, shock, power supply noise and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
- ±100 ppb frequency stability from -40°C to +105°C, the widest operating temperature available with any TCXO
- 1 to 5 ppb/°C frequency slope (ΔF/ΔT) at an extremely fast temperature ramp rate of 10°C/minute, a performance level unique among timing devices
- 0.1 ppb/g vibration immunity, 20 times better than quartz TCXOs
- 3e-11 Allan deviation (ADEV) at 10 second averaging time, 10 times better than quartz TCXOs
- 0.2 ps/mv power supply noise rejection (PSNR), eliminates dedicated system LDO
- No activity dips or micro-jumps, eliminates costly inspection or burn-in test
- Optional I2C/SPI frequency tuning, eliminates external DAC
SiTime Corporation, a MEMS analog semiconductor company and a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 6875), offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. SiTime’s configurable solutions enable customers to differentiate their products with higher performance, smallest size, lowest power and best reliability. The rich feature set and flexibility of SiTime’s solutions allow customers to consolidate their supply-chain, reducing cost of ownership and time to market. By using standard semiconductor processes and high volume packaging, SiTime offers the best availability and shortest lead times in the industry. With 90% market share and over 500 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the electronics industry to use 100% silicon-based timing. www.sitime.com.