The only high-frequency (1 to 220 MHz) TCXOs in the industry with ±100 ppb frequency stability up to 105°C, successfully deployed across many 4G+ and 5G systems, and winner of 6 industry awards, the Elite Super-TCXO family of products continues to redefine TCXO performance.
It’s easy to see why. SiTime’s Elite Platform™ Super-TCXOs are designed with a DualMEMS™ architecture. This architecture combines the world’s most accurate temperature sensor, along with a proprietary temperature compensation scheme (TurboCompensation™) and a low-noise frequency synthesizer, to deliver exceptional dynamic stability, ultra-low jitter, wide frequency range, and programmability.
What could make an already successful product even more successful? Higher temperature support.
Last week, the Elite Super-TCXO family released to mass production for extended-industrial temperature range. Higher temperature support enables the product family to address a wider range of applications for space, defense, automotive, networking, RF/wireless, industrial, avionics, precision positioning (GNSS, GPS), and more.
Key features include:
- -40 to 105°C ambient temperature
- 1 to 220 MHz LVCMOS or clipped sinewave outputs
- Frequency stability grades of ±0.1, ±0.2, ±0.25, ±0.5, ±1, and ±2.5 ppm
- Best dynamic stability for resistance to airflow and thermal shock
- No activity dips or micro jumps
- Integrated LDOs for filtering power supply noise
- TCXO, VC-TCXO, and DC-TCXO operation modes
- Graceful degradation outside of rated temperature range
The following figures illustrate the typical performance of a ±0.1 ppm Super-TCXO (i.e. SiT5356) over this extended temperature range.
SiT5356 frequency stability (top) and slope (bottom) versus temperature, showing excellent performance up to 105°C