A small part from SiTime runs a big part of your world
The advent of 5G is driving exponential demand for bandwidth from the wireless network to the network core and datacenter. To support this demand, optical modules must deliver faster speeds with less power/bit, using space-efficient designs. Timing plays a critical role in solving these requirements.
If timing fails...
- Your personal information may be stored incorrectly in the cloud
- Your cell phone could lose its connection to the network
- Files you download from the Internet may get corrupted
SiTime's one-stop shop of differential MEMS oscillators come in a variety of jitter, power, and size options to meet any timing needs, from 100G, 400G, 800G and beyond.
- LVPECL, FlexSwing integrate source-bias resistors
- Support for 1.8 V to 3.3 V supplies
- FlexSwing has LVPECL-like performance with programmable swing
Features & Benefits
Variety of standard packages, plus the industry’s smallest differential XO footprint of 2.0 x 1.6 mm
SiTime offers a one-stop shop for differential oscillators used in high-speed optical module and data-communication applications. The SiT9501 and SiT9375 families provide excellent jitter in the presence of common environmental hazards, such as shock, vibration, power-supply noise, and EMI.
- 70 fs rms jitter (typ.) in industry-standard, small form-factor packages as small as 2.0 x 1.6 mm (SiT9501)
- Common frequencies from 25 MHz to 644.53125 MHz
- ±20 ppm stability with excellent dynamic performance in changing environmental conditions
- On-chip voltage regulators to filter power-supply noise, enhancing power integrity for module designs
- Wide operating temperature range from -40 to +105°C
Their differential outputs are optimized for performance, power, and space requirements of optical modules:
- Novel FlexSwing driver that performs like LVPECL, but enables independent control of VOH and VOL levels to simplify interfacing with low-voltage chipsets having non-standard input-voltage swing requirements
- FlexSwing driver also eliminates external source-bias resistors and operates down to 1.8 V to further reduce power consumption by 28% versus competing LVPECL oscillators
- LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL, low-power HCSL