Designers often focus first on the MPU/MCU/SOC or other components that are central to their system. Sometimes selecting the timing components is an afterthought. But with MEMS timing technology, designers now have more options that can significantly optimize system performance and dramatically reduce size and power. Understanding today’s options and selecting timing devices carefully is important since the clock signal is the heartbeat of every digital electronic system and these timing components can impact the performance of the entire system.
Making it easy for something so important
With our new parametric search engine we’ve made it easy to search our broad product portfolio that contains over 50 configurable core products. Our programmable architecture enables an almost endless combination of frequencies, voltages and stability (ppm) options. And these specifications don’t limit package size. Since MEMS resonators don’t have the size and frequency limitations of quartz, we can offer low frequency products in the industry’s smallest packages.
We’ve found the following key parameters to be the most important criteria for our customers when selecting a timing component. Our products can be searched by these parameters, and are available within these wide ranges.
- Operating Frequency: 1 to 32768 Hz, 1 to 625 MHz (6 decimal places of accuracy)
- Oscillator Type: Oscillator (XO), TCXO, VCXO, DCXO, Spread Spectrum Oscillator, SOT23 Oscillator
- Output Logic: NanoDrive, LVCMOS, LVPECL, LVDS, HCSL, CML
- Frequency Stability: +/- 5 ppm to +/- 100 ppm
- Operating Temperature: up to -55 to +125
- Supply Voltage: 1.2 to 3.63V (kHz Oscillators), 1.8 to 3.3V (MHz Oscillators)
- Package Size: 1508, 2012, 2016, 2520, 2928 (SOT23), 3225, 3530, 5032, 7050
We know MEMS-based timing is an easy choice over legacy quartz-based products which have reached their limitations in areas that are most important in today’s designs – parameters such as size, stability, reliability and power. That’s why we’ve made it easy to select the optimum timing component with our broad product line, unique features and new search tool. We welcome your feedback as you browse our products and use our parametric search.