MEMS Characterization Engineer (Engineering)
US-Santa Clara, CA
Join the team that is revolutionizing the timing industry with the best silicon Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) timing products in the world. As a MEMS Characterization Engineer, you will plan, execute, and analyze the results of experiment-based studies to evaluate new cutting-edge MEMS designs. In addition, you will be responsible for development, evaluation, and implementation of characterization and analysis infrastructure that is critical for providing feedback to MEMS design, process development, failure analysis, and ultimately enabling successful products.
- Characterize the electrical, mechanical, and thermal performance of MEMS devices
- Design, document and implement MEMS test methods for development engineering
- Extend and enhance SiTime’s framework for automated data collection and data analysis
- Design, run, and analyze experiments to understand device physics, materials and fabrication
- Work with cross-functional teams including Circuit Design, Systems Engineering, and Package Engineering
- Interface with vendors or service providers
- Formulate and drive infrastructure development projects
- Drive and/or support other projects as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent; MS preferred
- GPA of 3.5 or higher from a top-ranked engineering program
- Research experience in an academic or corporate setting
- Hands-on laboratory experience with design of experiment and data analysis
- Proficient coding and debugging. MATLAB preferred, but C++, Java, Python, or equivalent OK
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis
- Preferred but not required experience: printed circuit board design; basic electronics; use of electronics laboratory test equipment (e.g. DMM, oscilloscope, frequency counter); silicon wafer-level testing; automation of hardware and/or laboratory measurement; RF measurements; microfabrication
Desired Characteristics & Attributes:
- Strong organizational skills
- Clear and concise scientific communication
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative fast-paced team environment
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about exploring new technical areas
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SiTime is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
SiTime participates in the E-Verify program.