Intern, Systems Engineering (Engineering)
US-Santa Clara, CA
The Systems Engineering Intern will work under the supervision of senior engineering staff at SiTime to complete projects related to the development, validation, and deployment of new systems for characterization of SiTime's MEMS-based timing products. This includes board-level circuit debug, writing firmware and software for data acquisition and instrument control, assembling systems, writing data analysis software, and documentation of system operation and data analysis results. The Systems Engineering Intern will also be responsible for testing and characterization of SiTime products as directed by senior staff.
Qualified candidates should be a graduate student in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. Exceptional upper-level undergraduate students will also be considered.
The internship is located at SiTime’s headquarters in Santa Clara, CA.
- Perform board-level circuit debug
- Write and debug microcontroller and SoC firmware
- Develop software for automated data acquisition from laboratory instruments
- Assemble systems consisting of laboratory equipment, mechanical fixtures, and temperature chambers
- Acquire and analyze data
- Prepare written documentation of the system design and data analysis reports
- Perform hands-on testing and characterization of SiTime products
- Support other projects as directed
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Candidate should be a current graduate student in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience writing and debugging firmware
- Experience developing algorithms and software for data analysis (PYTHON is a plus)
- Experience running electronic experiments in a laboratory environment
- Hands-on experience with electronic laboratory equipment (oscilloscope, DMM, frequency counter, etc.)
- Strong background in analog/digital circuits is a plus
- Experience working with remote teams is a plus
Desired Characteristics & Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Self-motivation, out-of-the-box thinking, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.