Embedded Software Engineer (Engineering)
US-Santa Clara, CA
The Embedded Software Engineer will be an instrumental role in expanding SiTime’s product portfolio. The Embedded Software Engineer will develop firmware from start to finish. Ranges of activities can include architecture, design, coding, verification, risk management, and hardware testing.
- Design, develop, and deploy embedded systems for characterization and test of MEMS-based products
- Develop and release software and firmware
- Plan and execute firmware verification
- Develop firmware development and testing infrastructure
- Identify and help manage product risks related to firmware
- Prototype and develop algorithms for characterization and test
- Develop and carry out experiments to prototype new technologies and system architectures.
- Work closely with and cross-functional engineers to understand system requirements, and to diagnose software and electrical systems performance issues
- Support other projects as needed by management or as business needs change
Qualifications & Requirements:
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer & Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience in Embedded Systems or System Automation; broad range of experience levels related to Embedded Systems considered as an alternative
- Excellent programming skills, including C, C++, MATLAB, and Python
- Experience in firmware quality assurance, including risk assessment, test automation, and unit testing
- Experience with MCUs based on Cortex-M4 (bare metal and RTOS); Preference given to candidates with CMSIS-RTOS v2 experience
- Experience with SPI, I2C, SWD, Timers, DMA, DAC, ADC
- Experience with lab measurement equipment and microcontroller programmer and debuggers
- Experience working with PID controllers and RTOS are pluses
- Experience working with MISRA C is a plus
- Experience with analyzing, debugging hardware simulations
- Must be physically able to lift, push, and pull up to 10 lbs.
Desired Characteristics & Attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
This role may be filled in the Michigan or California office.
To apply for this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.