Differential Oscillator with 10 PPM Stability and Only 500 Femtoseconds of Jitter is an Industry First and is Ideal for Telecom, Storage and Networking Applications
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – October 24, 2011 – SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, today introduced the timing industry’s highest performance differential oscillators with 10 PPM stability and only 500 femtoseconds of jitter, a unique combination that is only available from SiTime. The SiT9121 and SiT9122 MEMS oscillators are targeted at high performance telecom, storage and networking applications such as core and edge routers, SATA / SAS / FibreChannel host bus adapters, cloud storage, servers, wireless base stations and 10G Ethernet switches. These devices can be configured exactly to the customer’s specification and shipped with the industry’s fastest lead times. In addition, each device has industry-standard footprints, enabling easy replacement of quartz differential oscillators without any design or layout changes.
“Traditional differential oscillators that are based on legacy quartz, SAW and overtone technology have inherent limitations in stability and reliability,” said Piyush Sevalia, vice president of marketing at SiTime. “The new SiT912x differential oscillators offer a unique combination of ultra performance and programmable features that were developed with SiTime’s analog CMOS and all-silicon MEMS technology. Our breakthrough products render traditional oscillators obsolete, and accelerate the electronics industry’s usage of MEMS oscillators.”
The SiT912x family consists of the following devices:
SiT9121: Ultra Performance Differential Oscillator (1-220 MHz)
SiT9122: Ultra Performance, High Frequency Differential Oscillator (220-650 MHz)
The SiT912x MEMS differential oscillators have the following features and benefits:
- 500 femtoseconds of integrated RMS phase jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) to meet the stringent requirements of applications such as SONET
- ±10, ±25, and ±50 PPM total frequency stability for better system timing margin
- Wide frequency range: 1 to 220 MHz for SiT9121 and 220 to 650 MHz for SiT9122
- Programmable frequency with 6 decimal places of accuracy, ensuring the highest system performance
- Configurable LVPECL and LVDS signaling levels
- 50,000 g shock and 70 g vibration resistance, along with 500 million hours MTBF for high reliability applications
- Operating voltage of 2.5V or 3.3V
- Industrial (-40 to +85°C) and extended commercial (-20 to +70°C)
- Industry standard footprints in 5.0x3.2mm and 7.0x5.0mm packages
- Sample shipments in 48 hours and production lead time of 3-5 weeks
The SiT9121 and SiT9122 differential oscillators will begin sampling in November 2011, while volume shipments are scheduled for February 2012. Pricing is available upon request.
SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. With 85% market share and over 75 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the $5 Billion timing market’s transition to 100% silicon-based timing.
SiTime’s configurable solutions enable customers to differentiate their products with higher performance, reduced size and better reliability. The rich feature set and flexibility of our solutions allows customers to consolidate their supply-chain, reducing cost of ownership and time to market. By using standard semiconductor processes and high volume plastic packaging, SiTime offers the best availability and shortest lead times in the industry.
Top-tier manufacturers are experiencing these benefits and recognize SiTime as The Smart Timing Choice™.
News Release in 140 Characters
#SiTime delivers timing industry’s highest performance #differential oscillators http://bit.ly/l8jp3u
#SiTime delivers industry’s first #differential oscillators with 10 PPM stability and 500 fs jitter http://bit.ly/l8jp3u