VCTCXO Products with 1 to 220 MHz Frequencies, Industrial Temperature and 500 fs Jitter are Optimized for Telecom, Networking, and Wireless Applications
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – Jul 11, 2011 – SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, today introduced the industry’s first ultra-stable, MEMS VCTCXO (Voltage Controlled, Temperature Compensated Oscillator) products that are targeted at Telecom, Networking and Wireless applications like SONET and Synchronous Ethernet based equipment, cellular basestations and repeaters, GPS and instrumentation. This new, programmable, Encore-based VCTCXO family consists of four devices, SiT5001, SiT5002, SiT5003 and SiT5004, all of which support frequencies up to 220 MHz, industry-leading stability as low as ±0.5 PPM and 500 femtoseconds of integrated RMS phase jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz). The SiT500x family is available in industry-standard footprints, enabling 100% drop-in replacement of quartz TCXOs and VCTCXOs with no design changes. As with other SiTime products, the SiT500x family offers unprecedented flexibility with no additional cost or lead time.
“SiTime has used its Silicon MEMS technology and programmable analog expertise to accelerate innovation in the timing components industry,” said Piyush Sevalia, vice president of marketing at SiTime. “Unlike the quartz industry, SiTime offers web-enabled software development tools that allow engineers to customize a SiTime device exactly for their application, request samples, and receive them within a week. This flexibility, along with unique features, 3 – 5 week lead times and 10 times better reliability than quartz, is accelerating the electronics industry’s move to MEMS-based timing.”
The SiT500x family consists of the following devices:
SiT5001: High Performance MEMS VCTCXO (1-80 MHz, ±1 to ±5 PPM)
SiT5002: High Performance, High Frequency MEMS VCTCXO (80-220 MHz, ±1 to ±5 PPM)
SiT5003: Ultra-Stable MEMS VCTCXO (1-80 MHz, ±0.5 PPM)
SiT5004: Ultra-Stable, High Frequency MEMS VCTCXO (80-220 MHz, ±0.5 PPM)
Each of these devices offers the following features and benefits:
- Any frequency within the operating range without any frequency gaps that occur with existing quartz TCXOs
- Up to 6 decimal places of frequency accuracy, that is just not available from quartz TCXOs
- Optional voltage control function, with pull range of ±12.5 PPM to ±50 PPM, provides the ability to fine-tune frequencies after soldering on the board, and increases system performance
- SoftEdgeTM programmable drive strength for optimal line impedance matching, better signal integrity and EMI reduction
- Industrial (-40 to +85°C) and commercial temperature (-20 to +70°C) operation
- 1.8V and continuous 2.5-3.3V operation
- 500 million hour MTBF for best-in-class reliability, 10 times better than quartz
- 50,000 g shock and 70 g vibration immunity, 10 times better than quartz
- 100% drop in replacement for existing solutions, available in industry standard 4-pin 3225, 5032 and 7050 packages
Samples of the SiT500x devices are available now with production in late Q3, 2011. Pricing is available upon request.
SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. With 85% market share and over 50 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the $5 Billion timing market’s transition to 100% silicon-based timing.
SiTime’s configurable solutions enable customers to differentiate their products with higher performance, reduced size and better reliability. The rich feature set and flexibility of our solutions allows customers to consolidate their supply-chain, reducing cost of ownership and time to market. By using standard semiconductor processes and high volume plastic packaging, SiTime offers the best availability and shortest lead times in the industry.
Top-tier manufacturers are experiencing these benefits and recognize SiTime as The Smart Timing Choice™.
News Release in 140 Characters
#SiTime introduces industry’s first MEMS #VCTCXOs. http://bit.ly/qlh6op
#SiTime breaks the stability barrier with industry’s first MEMS #VCTCXO. http://bit.ly/qlh6op
#SiTime extends leadership with highest performance MEMS #VCTCXOs. http://bit.ly/qlh6op