Industry’s Most Programmable VCMO Enables Fastest Time to Market
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – Sept. 23, 2009 – SiTime Corporation, the leader in MEMS-based silicon timing solutions, today introduced the SiT3702, a differential output, voltage controlled MEMS oscillator (VCMO) for high performance networking, data communications and processor applications. The device is available in industry-standard surface-mount packages, enabling easy and cost-effective replacement of quartz-based solutions. The device offers unique features that are not offered by quartz-based solutions, such as: programmable frequency range up to 800 MHz, stability as low as ±10 PPM, configurable LVPECL, LVDS, CML or HCSL output signaling, 1.8V, 2.5V or 3.3V operating voltage, and ±30, ±60, ±120, ±240 PPM pull range. Customized samples can be shipped in 24 hours, and production quantities are available in 3 weeks.
“SiTime’s rich product portfolio of unique, programmable, silicon timing solutions offers significant technical and business benefits over quartz,” said Piyush Sevalia, vice president of marketing at SiTime. “The SiT3702 differential output VCMO further expands our served market with a solution for high frequency applications that require excellent control voltage linearity and very low jitter.”
The SiT3702 offers many programmable features that allow the device to be optimally configured for the customer’s application, resulting in cost-savings through elimination of external components and size reduction. Programmable features include:
- Operating frequency can be programmed to be between 1 and 800 MHz
- The output can be configured to be any one of LVPECL, LVDS, CML and HCSL, ensuring compatibility with a wide variety of high performance chipsets and processors
- Operating voltage can be 3.3V and 2.5V for LVPECL, LVDS and HCSL. CML outputs can operate at any of 3.3V, 2.5V or 1.8V
- The device offers industry-leading frequency stability, as low as 10 PPM, which increases system timing margin and results in a more robust and reliable product
- Four pull range options, ±30, ±60, ±120, ±240 PPM, are available for maximum flexibility
- Operating temperature range includes support for industrial (-40 to +85 C), extended commercial (-20 to +70C) and commercial (0 to 70C).
- The device is available in two industry-standard packages: 7.0x5.0x0.9mm and 5.0x3.2x0.75mm
As with all other MEMS-based timing devices from SiTime, the SiT3702 VCMO is 10 times more robust and reliable than quartz. The devices are currently in volume production. Budgetary pricing for the 156.25 MHz device in 10K quantities is $7.5.
SiTime Corporation develops MEMS-based silicon timing solutions. SiTime addresses the $5B timing market with leadership products that are the smallest, thinnest, most robust, reliable, configurable, and offer the shortest lead times. The company’s solutions are the heartbeat of cutting-edge electronic products, such as fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) equipment, computing devices, graphics cards, disk drives, mobile phones and high capacity SIM cards. Headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., SiTime is privately owned and backed by leading venture capital firms. For more information, please visit www.sitime.com.