SiTime Corporation, the fastesst growing semiconductor company, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. With 80% market share and over 120 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the $5 Billion timing market’s transition to 100% silicon-based timing.
Our group is responsible for characterizing SiTime's revolutionary MEMS-based timing products. We work on design and development of instrumentation systems, programming algorithms and production programmers, and taking early stage silicon to high volume production.
The Characterization Engineer is responsible for characterization of MEMS-based timing products, including mixed signal characterization efforts, systems/algorithms development, datasheet validation, performance feedback to MEMS/CMOS Design and Fabrication, and prototyping of test and FA methodologies.
- Perform detailed characterization and qualification of programmable oscillators, mixed-signal ICs, and MEMS resonators.
- Develop characterization systems (hardware and software) for automated data acquisition and instrument control that enable fast and thorough characterization
- Design algorithms and prototype software for programming SiTime devices that will be implemented in production environments.
- Work closely with MEMS Design and Fabrication to characterize and qualify new MEMS designs and process changes
- Work with circuit design group to evaluate new silicon and specify design improvements related to design for char/design for test.
- Provide comprehensive, documented feedback on all aspects of oscillator performance, characterization results, system designs and algorithms
- Key contributor to future direction of SiTime’s characterization methodologies and systems
- Play a key role in defining enhancements for next-generation SiTime products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- 5-7 years of experience performing characterization of mixed-signal ICs and/or timing devices
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong programming and data analysis skills with ability to prototype hardware/software systems (MATLAB scripting and microcontroller
firmware programming ideal)
- Experience in mixed signal design at PCB level. Good knowledge of signal processing in both hardware and software
- Enthusiastic self-starter, able to manage projects and vendors efficiently with little supervision
Additional skills and experience that would be beneficial:
- Interest and/or experience MEMS devices
- Programming ability in C or C++
What is in it for you:
- Innovative MEMS company
- Growth opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits