SiTime is seeking a talented engineer to be a key player enabling SiTime’s MEMS-based timing products. SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, is the leader in MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. With 80% market share and over 250 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the electronics industry's transition to 100% silicon-based timing. SiTime offers an exciting new technology, a fast-paced and challenging work environment, and an excellent benefit package.
The Systems Characterization Engineer is responsible for the bring-up, evaluation, and characterization of SiTime’s revolutionary MEMS-based timing products. Responsibilities include mixed-signal characterization, systems/algorithms development, datasheet validation, performance feedback to MEMS/CMOS design, and prototyping of test and FA methodologies. In addition, he/she will lead experiments to prototype new system architectures for future products, and assist with the development and qualification of new packaging technology.
- Characterize and bring into production mixed-signal timing devices incorporating MEMS resonators.
- Design and develop high-speed instrumentation systems including hardware and software development.
- Develop and carry out experiments to prototype new technologies and system architectures.
- Assist with the development and qualification of new packaging technology.
- Support the bring-up of specialized programming systems overseas.
- Develop and transfer algorithms to final test/production environments.
- Work with circuit design team to evaluate new silicon and specify design improvements for performance enhancements or DFM/DFT.
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. Exceptional candidates with other backgrounds will be considered.
- Understanding of mixed-signal circuits.
- Hands-on familiarity with electronics laboratory instruments.
- Excellent programming skills, including MATLAB and/or PYTHON scripting.
- Experience with high speed board-level hardware design and debug.
- Ability to prototype hardware and software systems involving National Instruments cards, Agilent test equipment, or similar.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Programming ability in C or C++.
- Knowledge of timing-specific characterization using frequency counters and time-interval-analyzers (TIAs).
- Familiarity with mixed-signal CMOS design, including PLLs.
- Familiarity with MEMS characterization and testing.
- Strong statistical analysis skills.