SiTime is seeking a talented engineer to be a key player enabling SiTime’s MEMS-based timing products. SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. With 80% market share and over 180 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the electronics industry's transition to 100% silicon-based timing. SiTime continues to lead the revolution with new products such as the world’s smallest 32 kHz oscillator. SiTime offers an exciting new technology, a fast-paced and challenging work environment, and an excellent benefit package.
The Senior Package Design Engineer is responsible for the design and qualification of standard and custom IC packages for SiTime’s revolutionary MEMS-based timing products. Responsibilities include thermal/electrical/electromagnetic/mechanical simulation and design, new package prototyping, package qualification and release-to-production. In addition, he/she will be responsible for managing local and overseas vendors in new package development activities. The Senior Package Design Engineer will work closely with the MEMS and CMOS design teams to ensure system-level performance of SiTime’s ultra-stable timing products.
- Design custom IC packages incorporating MEMS components.
- Perform thermal/electrical/electromagnetic/mechanical simulation and design.
- Work with CMOS & MEMS design teams to ensure system specifications.
- Lead development of new packages at local and overseas vendors.
- Prototype and test new system-in-package designs.
- Assist with new package qualification and release-to-production.
- Lead troubleshooting activities related to package design or performance.
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent, MS or PhD preferred.
- Knowledge of IC packaging technology and methodology.
- Experience with mechanical and thermal design.
- Hands-on experience with CAD software (AutoCAD preferred).
- Hands-on experience with finite element analysis (COMSOL preferred).
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Experience working with vendors to bring new IC packages to production.
- MATLAB scripting ability.
- Hands-on familiarity with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, frequency counters, etc.