SiTime is seeking a talented and enthusiastic summer intern to work in the area of new MEMS device characterization. SiTime Corporation, an analog semiconductor company located in Silicon Valley, offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. Ranked by Deloitte in 2012 as the “fastest growing semiconductor company in North America,” SiTime is driving the $5 Billion timing market’s transition to 100% silicon-based timing. SiTime offers an exciting new technology, a top-notch team, and a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
The successful candidate will work closely with senior engineering staff to design an integrated system that measures MEMS performance. This includes responsibility for board-level analog circuit design and verification, MATLAB-based programming of instrumentation, and development of user-friendly interfaces. The completed system will be tested and results documented. The successful candidate will have prior hands-on experience with MATLAB programming and debugging, board-level design and verification, and familiarity with laboratory equipment automation.
The candidate should currently be a graduate student in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Work with senior engineering staff to characterize resonators for future product.
- Board-level circuit design.
- Implement and test MATLAB software.
- Characterize & verify board / infrastructure performance.
- Generate specifications and reports based on characterization data.
- Currently graduate student in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent MATLAB programming skills.
- Experience with board-level analog circuit design and verification.
- Experience with laboratory instruments, such as oscilloscopes, frequency counters, and network analyzers. GPIB programming experience is a plus.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Self-motivation, out-of-the-box thinking, and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment